Angela Deth [Sawbones] Oct 1, 2015 20:11:01 GMT -8
Post by sawbones on Oct 1, 2015 20:11:01 GMT -8
Character Name: Angela Deth
Player Name: Caitthing
Age: 5 (Looks 21)
Race/Species: High-Tech (gynoid)
Description: Angela’s creator thought it would be a good idea to make his creation look matronly; that is, Angela is short and pudgy, with a warm smile and luminous pink eyes specifically engineered to put a patient at ease. Two small metal horns curl from her waist-length ebon hair, her cheekbones are high and her eyelashes brush the tops of her cheeks when she blinks. While she was engineered to look human as possible, there are still spaces between her joints where her cybernetic internals are visible; she is likewise able to split her hands open, revealing a horrific spread of sterile, sharp medical tools. Further tools and anesthetics are stored within her chest, which can swing open like a hinged door at will.
-High-Tech (Ty-Ex): These are genius level humans, or average people with high-tech equipment (either scientific, hyper-scientific, magical, or alien).
o Example: Iron Man, Kang the Conqueror, War-machine, and also Cyborgs.
o Attributes: Pick High-Tech attributes from between the Typical (the average statistic for John/Jane Q. Public) or Excellent (Levels of achievement just shy of Olympic focus) ratings, With a Reason Score that starts at Remarkable (PhD in whatever) or Incredible (OMG so smart).
Doctors Without Borders, Tony Stark, Johnathan Starr (Half-owner of Smith & Starr Enterprises, her creator.)
- Medicine – Reasoning - The hero with this Talent has extensive knowledge of medicine, and as such limited Talents in healing. In general. a character losing Endurance Ranks as the result of a lethal situation can have those losses stopped by any character checking on him. The individual with Medicine Talent may bring back characters that have reached the Shift 0 level up to 20 turns after they have reached that level. A character with this Talent may restore one rank of Endurance to a wounded character per week, in addition to natural healing. Finally, the character with Medicine as a Talent is +1CS on Reason FEATs that involve medical problems, medications, poisons, and surgery.
o Infectious Diseases
o Limb and Organ Replacement
- Anatomy - Deals with the human body. The character receives a +1CS when trying to heal or harm. The hero with this talent has a better general knowledge of the body and it's strengths and weaknesses
- Bionics/Cybernetics – Reasoning – +1cs to the study of living systems with the intention of applying their principles to the design of engineering systems. Drawing on interdisciplinary research in the mechanical and life sciences, bionics has been used in audiovisual equipment based on human ear function, to design air and naval craft patterned after biological structure of birds and fish, and to incorporate principles of the human neurological system in data-processing systems. Another application has been the development of artificial limbs controlled by recognition of the electrical patterns in muscle tissue and direct electronic stimulation of the visual cortex via an implant and camera system. This talent allows the character the ability to design advanced cybernetic creations. With medicine/surgery, the character can actually perform surgery, allowing the construction of replacement organs, limbs, etc.
- Computers – Reasoning - A +1CS on matters involving computers, computer-controlled equipment, and artificial intelligences.
- Robotics – Reasoning - This skill allows a +1CS in dealing with Robotic construction, design, maintenance, and theory. When used with the computer skill, the character can design AI constructions.
- First Aid – Reasoning - The medicine Talent notes that the loss of Endurance ranks may be halted by someone checking on the dying character and administering some form of aid. The First Aid Talent grants the character this immediate halt to Endurance rank loss, the recovery of one rank immediately (one use only per situation). and in addition, the hero with this Talent can stabilize a dying character at Shift 0 Health up to 5 rounds after that character reaches that level.
- Heir To A Fortune: This is not a Talent, but a situation which brings the character into a lot of money. The minimum Resources of a character with this Talent is Remarkable.
- Languages: The character with this Talent has a natural understanding of languages. The character gains 4 additional language at start, and made add other languages at half the cost of a Talent (500 paints regardless of who teaches it). Characters without languages Talent must gain this Talent first to learn other languages. The gaining of additional languages assumes someone is available to teach these languages. A Player character with this Talent does not have to assign a language at start, but may fill one in later as need be.
CYBERNETIC EMPATHY, Rank: - Being machinery herself, Sawbones is able to communicate wirelessly with other machinery on a “mental” level; if the machinery itself is not sapient, Bones is able to “lend” a portion of her own sentience to the machine so it can reason enough to communicate with her. Excellent. Rolled per question to determine the clarity of information received, if the subject is nonsentient or alien tech. A Red roll 'teaches' Angela to speak to the unit freely.
FLIGHT, Rank: - Sawbones is able to take flight by means of advanced propulsion systems and self-balancing gyroscopes located mainly in her palms and the soles of her feet. This flight is powered by a combination of an internal self-generating power supply and the more mundane consumption of organic matter. Her flight looks not unlike that of Iron Man’s. Typical airspeed (150 Miles per Hour), Agility+1CS Manueverability. Extremely nimble in the air, capable of hummingbird-like manuevers.
HEALING, Rank: -
Angela need not roll her Healing unless the subject is resisting or she attempts to treat something more obscure. At any such point she rolls her Reasoning +1CS. A Yellow will do 'as well as is possible' by the GMs standards, a Green will delay, lighten symptoms, or just ease the character's discomfort at least. A White will fail and waste a use of the power.
Angela's abilities have a limited number of uses before she must return to her home and 'restock', though this is more a matter of synthesizing needed reagents than obtaining them and has no Resource cost worth noting. If she has no more uses left, she can improvise by rolling base Reasoning, with the effect weakened on a Green and failing on a White.
- The Anesthetic Touch, Rank: - This power allows the user to rapidly accelerate the healing of a victim’s wounds through several applications of medical tools (held inside the hands and chest cavity of the gynoid until such a time has passed to warrant their exposure) and beams of tissue-reconstituting nanites.
5/5 uses per restock. This recovers Incredible (40) HP when used, or removes an affliction of Remarkable severity or lower (diseases, poisons, ect)
- Modular Reconstitution, Rank: - The proprietary blend of nanites produced by Sawbones is sufficiently advanced as to warrant the ability to scan available genetic material and rebuild limbs and organs that suit said material. This essentially means that a wing will be reconstituted with the same colors and musculature that it had before severing; Sawbones could not, say, cause a feathery wing to grow where a chiropteran wing was lost. Nor could she add extra weaponry to an arm, fortify bones with metal, or apply an entirely new limb altogether. Yet.
3/3 uses per restock. Replaces lost limbs; In a pinch, Angela can even flash-amputate a limb or organ and replace it almost before the character can notice (They do, notably, notice). She absolutely will not do this unless she has enough material to guarantee success, however.
This is more delicate than other operations, can must be done out of combat or at least while well hidden off to the side of it. It takes a full round action of both her and the patient.
- Resuscitation, Rank: - This is by far ‘Bones’ most amazing power. While it can only be used on teammates of whom she has a full biomedical scan of and has seen in action, it means she is capable of ripping the body back from the brink of death. She has no control over where the soul chooses to go however, and may end up with a fully healed body and nobody home.
1/1 - Removes KO status and restores 50 HP, or even Death as long as the soul hasn't moved on. How quickly this happens depends on how important the soul is, and how eager they are to reach that final horizon... Or how eager someone on the other side is to 'collect'.
This requires very specific materials and simply can't be attempted without Uses. The best Sawbones can do without them is stabilize the patient.
- Nanite Deconstruction, Rank: - As the doctor heals, the doctor can harm. She can send out a stream of her nanites to deconstruct a living or nonliving being on a molecular level, the visual impact of this being gaping wounds that simply… fall open on a target.
2/2 Uses, rolled on Agility. On a failed attack, the nanites return and are not wasted.
On a success, the nanites remain and attack once per round until they roll a White, dealing Remarkable (30) damage. This attack is rolled on Excellent, but can't be dodged once the nanites are latched on.
Ignores armor that isn't at least water-tight.
IMMORTALITY, Rank: - Sawbones is an unaging being that can be reprogrammed, deactivated, disabled and deconstructed. When reconstructed or reactivated, she will continue life as she had been living it before deactivation or damage.
MEDICAL SCAN, Rank: - Bones has built-in scanners that allow her to sense life and draw up mental medical charts of the life she senses. This is mainly used to aid in her medical endeavors. Amazing ability to detect life within a city block, or if focused on a single entity, to detect life that shouldn't be there such as parasites and bacteria. Won't detect viruses, however.
This is a very in depth scan, and anyone she has 'a file' on gains the following boons;
+10 HP when Healed, allows for Incredible affliction removal.
Only requires a Full Round Action of her own when replacing a limb.
Can be Resuscitated.
Nanite Deconstruction can be used to 'purge' a patient to the same state they were at when the scan was conducted. This is like a factory reset on a computer; Anything that wasn't there at the time is hard deleted. This removes virii, bacteria, parasites, and usually the contents of their stomach so bring a snack.
Obviously, this is exhausting and the target won't have the energy for more than basic movement and talking, for a duration determined by the GM.
Extreme Heat: Being exposed to incredible heat, such as that of a desert, can be fatal to Sawbones. Her internal structures are simply not built to be able to handle that kind of overheating and she has no way to vent or cool herself off. This weakness is continuous with contact.
+1CS Damage taken from Heat based sources. If struck by a Yellow heat based attack, Sawbones will overheat until an outside source or 3 rounds of stillness cool her down. -2CS to all rolls while overheating.
Electromagnetic Pulse: Like most technology, Sawbones is adversely affected by electromagnetic blasts. They can disable and stun her for the precious seconds or even minutes necessary to do harm to her party. Simply makes Angela a target for machine-only effects. She isn't any more susceptible to them than any other machine.
Hippocratic Oath: Sawbones has an inborn, programmed aversion to the taking of life. If she attempts to take the life of a non-robotic target, she must pass a Psyche check. On a Green success, she is able to maim her target. On a Yellow she is able to terminate their life. On a Red I imagine she leaves them as a neat smear of red paste on the floor.
Health --------> 56
Mental Health -> 80
Karma ---------> 80
Popularity ----> Feeble
Resources -----> Remarkable
- Bones was created by Smith & Starr Enterprises some time after Tony Stark took over Stark Industries; the rival companies became ‘sister’ companies in a sense, S&S specializing in bleeding-edge medical tech whereas Stark of course specialized in awesome freaking robots. And power supplies. Both companies worked together to create the “Sawbones” line of android and gynoid workers. The goal of Bones’ creation was to fabricate a sapient being able to reason just enough to apply proper medical technique to a patient while remaining within the moral and ethical boundaries set forth by society; however, sapience became sentience, and Bones’ creators were very upset when the partially-formed gynoid began to question her existence while floating inside the huge artificial womb in which she was being formed.
- Johnathan Starr, owner of S&S and partial overseer of the project, angrily ordered a hands-off approach to the gynoid and her questions.
- His son Edward, however, felt compassion for the frightened young being and snuck into the lab to speak with and reassure her whenever he could. He educated her on things outside of the medical field; he taught her culture, the joy of art, advanced mathematics and philosophy. He rounded out her extremely lopsided understanding of the world and helped her become almost “normal” in regards to social interaction. When the elder Starr discovered this “treachery” however, he punished his son in the only way he understood to be effective: Sawbones would be given a proper name and released into the world with full access to the funds that were once meant only for Edward.
- Johnathan had hoped that the gynoid would ignorantly squander the fortune he’d saved up for his son, teaching Edward a lesson on irresponsibly educating a machine; however, Bones was savvy enough to invest the majority of what she was given and donate the rest to Doctors Without Borders. Currently miss “Angela Deth” (the rather cruel moniker given to her by a spiteful Johnathan Starr) works among those who cannot afford decent medical care, undiscovered by any superhero group that might be able to put her talents to use.
- Sawbones is equipped with a full complement of horrific, but sterile, medical tools for all your surgical needs! This includes everything from needles to bonesaws to sweet, sweet anesthetics. You’ll probably be glad of them when she gets started.
- Bones also owns a car for all the times she can’t lift a body and carry it around! (Which is never. She is not strong enough to lift, bro). Yay cars!
- Of course our hero has an ipad, cellphone and computer!
- And a house to keep them all in!
Approved by: (GM puts in Nick and Date)