Post by bunnyelemental on Oct 3, 2015 22:38:26 GMT -8
Character name: Leah Antoinette Vanguard
Player name: Katrina (Robokat)
Family/Allies/Friends: Byron Vanguard (Father), Grayland Strike Team (Former member - pilot)
Weight: 113 lbs
Hair color: Auburn (variable)
Eye color: Brown
Occupation: Freelance pilot, actress, videographer, adventurer, thrill seeker
Fighting - Excellent
Agility - Remarkable
Strength - Typical
Endurance - Excellent
Reasoning - Good
Intuition - Good
Psyche - Good
Health - 76
Mental Health - 30
Unspent Karma - 15 (monthly karma added up to July/2016)
Lifetime Karma - 315
Resources - Remarkable (Daddy's trust fund supplemented with freelance acting/video work)
Popularity - 0
Contacts - Byron Vanguard (father, US Senator)
- Gideon Drake (owner of the Neuron 12 Nightclub who runs an illegal street racing circuit)
Lucky Lucky - Remarkable(30) Luck. This grants 3 'Luck Points' which can be used to accomplish various ends to make her life a little easier. These are considered Stunts and are learned or modified the same way. Luck Points are recovered on a Red roll of anything else or with a full night's sleep.
*Fortune Shift - At the cost of 1 Luck Point, can shift the Color of any roll up or down by one. This can only be done once per roll.
*Lucky Gene - A power gestalt with her own Roulette, 1 Luck Point can be spent to shift the result one up or one down or 2 Luck Points to reroll it completely. This only works when rolling which power she gets, not how many or how powerful.
*Beginner's Luck - Able to roll her Luck (Remarkable) for any roll she has no Skill for, at the cost of 1 Luck Point.
*Miss Fortune - For every entry from the Weakness table Leah currently has, she gains a +1CS to all physical (FASE) stats to compensate.
*Total Recall - Leah can 'memorize' up to three Power Sets at a time by going to sleep while in that set up. 3 Luck Points can be spent to instantly snap to this setup, or they can be rolled among if a Chameleon result comes up. Taking a full set of powers negates the rest of the randomization; You just get that set.
Roulette - Even compared to other X Genes, Leah's is a wildcard, shifting at random with no perceptible stimulus. The Roulette requires a somewhat complicated series of rolls to determine what comes out, and she rolls her current Luck rating three times to start with; These rolls determine Number, Intensity, and how long she's 'stuck' like that before she can attempt a new Roulette. After this she rolls
Number; Roll Intensity for each one, and then proceed to the table to figure out what she actually GOT.
Red = 4
Yellow = 3
Green = 2
White = 1. Halve the number rolled to determine which power she ends up with.
Intensity; The level of the ability is expressed in different ways for certain abilities, explained in the description of the ability where it says [Intensity]
Red = +2 from current Luck (Amazing).
Yellow = +1 from current Luck (Incredible)
Green = Current Luck (Remarkable)
White = Good
Duration; The minimum time Leah is 'stuck' in her current power configuration before she can Roulette again. Otherwise, powers persist until she sleeps. This is only rolled once for the entire configuration.
Red = 0. Leah is free to reroll as early as her next action.
Yellow = 3 Rounds.
Green = The duration of the current battle.
White = The duration of the current mission. This can be overridden by spending 1 Luck Point while in a safe place out of combat.
Once the above are determined, roll through this table to determine what was gained. If the same power is rolled twice, add the two intensities together.
d12 , per power gained.
1: Oops, you got a Weakness instead. Roll on the Weakness table below. If Intensity isn't mentioned in the weakness' description, it isn't a factor.
2: Lesser Power. You got something kinda silly, but maybe you can still use it? Roll on the Minor Power table below.
3: Super Stat. Roll 1d7 (Fighting, Agility, Strength, Endurance, Reasoning, Intuition, Psyche)! [Intensity] is the new stat amount, with Remarkable as the minimum for FASE and Excellent as the minimum for RIP. HP is usually not affected.
Endurance Special; Increases max HP by [Intensity]x2, and heals Leah by that much. If this power is lost, so is the HP granted by it; This CAN knock Leah out if she suddenly drops below 1.
Intuition Special; Roll 1d6 (Sight, Hearing, Touch, Smell, Taste, Sixth) , gain Super Sense of [Intensity]. Sixth Sense can be used to detect magic or supernatural entities.
Psyche Special; Comes with Telekinesis of equal strength.
4: Energy Projection. Roll Element below; Blasts of [Intensity], using Agility to aim. If only one blast is launched in a round, it is at +1CS damage.
5; Energy Blast. Roll Element below; A widescale blast of [Intensity]/2 damage, using Agility to aim. Strikes up to [Intensity]/10 targets at once. (With a minimum of two targets)
6; Energy Aura. Roll Element below; A constant aura of [Intensity]/4 damage, instantly harming anyone who steps into melee range.
7: Kinesis. Roll Element below; [Intensity] ability to manipulate the element rolled. Damage depends on the amount used at once, but generally caps at twice the [Intensity].
8: Immunity. Roll Element below; Negates [Intensity] of damage from the rolled element, and any non-damage powers of that class or lower.
9: Healing. Healing of [Intensity], plus a bonus rolled on the Support table below. Once per round only, and a roll isn't required.
10: Mobility. Roll 1d5 (Swimming, Ground, Winged Flight, Digging, True Flight), Movement Speed of [Intensity]. Ground and Digging use the Ground Speed chart, Swimming and both Flights use the Air Speed chart. True Flight is identical to Winged Flight, but without the obvious weakness of having wings to shoot at (A Called Shot which disables the flight immediately), and is able to move through water or tight spaces. Ground Speed and Digging can be used to dodge, and grant 'Speedster' status.
11: Chameleon; You gained a power you've copied from another Mutant! Roll on the constructed Chameleon table below.
12: Double Up! Roll twice, and gain each power at the marked [Intensity]. Reroll 1s.
d12 , for each 1 rolled on power gain.
1: Elemental. Roll Element below, take +1CS damage or effect from whatever is rolled
2: Crippled Stat. Roll 1d7 (Fighting, Agility, Strength, Endurance, Reasoning, Intuition, Psyche). This stat is reduced to Poor. HP is unaffected.
3: Aversion. Roll 1d118 on the periodic table of elements and function at -1CS in the presence of, or -2CS on contact with, pure samples of the rolled chemical.
4: Solar Powered. Lose all powers if not in direct sunlight.
5: Nightstalker. Lose all powers if in direct sunlight or well lit areas.
6: Hotblooded. Function at -2CS in room temperature or lower areas.
7: Coldblooded. Function at -2CS in room temperature or higher areas.
8: Atavism. Become not so smart no more. Feeble Reasoning, +1CS to all physical stats. Can no longer read or speak any language beyond single word grunts.
9: Furry. Oh god, you're a furry. pick any animal; You are now an anthropomorphic That. On the plus side, your claws and teeth ignore armor of up to [Intensity], dealing [Strength] damage.
10: Horrific Mutation. Girl, you UGLY. Gain vestigial tentacles, randomly colored skin, boney poppy outy bits. It's up to you, but it isn't something you can hide with any ease and it makes the little people hesitant to interact with you.
11: Super Powered Evil Side. Leah gains a split personality; 'Standard' Leah has straight Good stats and no memory of even having mutant powers, while the 'Evil' Leah has all the powers and abilities, at +1CS [Intensity]. Evil Leah still has the same friendships and won't actively harm her allies, but mercy and kindness are not in her dictionary. Even Nonlethal or Subdual attacks become fatal in her hands.
12: Power Incontinence. Your power is constantly going off and it's a real chore. If you only have one power, roll another one to be constantly going off and it's a real chore; Reroll any 1s or Double Ups.
Super Stat incontinence makes it impossible to go less than full tilt; If there's no obvious ramification to this, it's just a -3CS overall penalty due to distraction. Attack based powers will be constantly radiating from the eyes like Cyclops, or the pores like Phoenix.
Kinesis causes the chosen element to react violently to your mere presence.
Healing will go off on a random injured party nearby, even an enemy.
1: Cool Swordy, Bro. Grants a cool sword. This sword deals [Intensity] physical damage or +1CS, whichever is higher, and can mimic any other Element Leah currently has power over. It will be instantly destroyed by anything she has a Weakness to at the moment.
2: Angel Blade. Grants Winged Flight of Typical rank, and adds Holy status to all other Powers, as well as her unarmed strikes. Gain and loss of Karma is doubled as long as this persists due to her heightened morality.
3: Super Jumping. Clear [Intensity]+[Strength] feet per jump in any direction.
4: Frog Tongue. A prehensile tongue of [Intensity] feet in length, with [Intensity] strength. It's too squishy to actually hit anyone with though, and deals half damage. If the tongue takes damage it can't be used again until healed.
5: Heavy Armor. [Intensity] protection from all physical sources, but Agility drops to Poor.
6: Rough Skin. Deals 1 damage to bare fists that strike Leah. This will never reduce HP below zero and mostly just stops that hand from being used for a while.
7: Teeth Grow Back. If any teeth are damaged, they fall out and a new one instant grows back!
8: Runic Skin. Skin develops rune-shaped marks that ward off magic, reducing all magic based damage by [Intensity] and ignoring effects below it. ... but she looks kinda funny...
9: Displacement. White attacks on Leah fail automatically because she is exactly one foot to the left of where she seems to be.
10: Super Beauty. Leah becomes... Like, stupid, ridiculously hot. Like, the nymphs are jealous. This is completely physical hotness, so it can't force rolls or anything, but some NPCs may act differently toward her.
;Elements. If [Projection], [Blast], [Aura], [Kinesis], or [Immunity] is tagged below the element in question, it is a special property gained by only that evocation of the element.
Projection/Blast; Can fire either poisonous spores or pure life-force, which causes rapid plant growth in the affected area. On a Yellow hit of the former, the target is poisoned until they beat [Intensity] with a passive Endurance check. This deals nonlethal damage, thankfully.
Kinesis; A Plant of appropriate size can be converted into an assistant, with [Intensity]-1 FASE, but no RIP.
Immunity; Plants will hesitate to attack Leah, and she will have [Intensity] protection from naturally occurring, plant based poisons.
Projection/Blast; On a Yellow hit, target is frozen solid. They must pass a Strength check VS [Intensity] to break free.
Kinesis; Able to passive lower the temperature of a room by up to [Intensity] degrees, or twice that with concentration.
Projection/Blast; On a Yellow hit, targets are stunned for one round.
Kinesis; Able to take control of machines by altering the electric impulses. Once they do what they were told however, they are free until a new impulse succeeds.
Aura; Merely looking at Leah is physically painful and forces an Endurance check VS [Intensity]. On a failure, the target is blinded. Attacking Leah without looking at her is done at -2CS.
Immunity; Applies to most lasers, unless they're explicitly made of heat or some other energy form.
Projection/Blast; On a Yellow hit, targets are either deafened or muted for 5 rounds.
Aura; Can be reversed into an aura of utter silence, granting a +2CS to Stealth inside the affected bubble.
Projection; Can be shifted freely to Bludgeoning, Cutting, or Piercing.
Blast; Causes Knockdown on a Yellow attack.
Aura; Roll [Intensity] against any attack with mass, before the normal dodge. On a success, damage is dealt normally and the attack fails.
Immunity; Applies to any attack with a component of physical force, including concussive blasts, physical attacks, or any power that explicitly relies on battering the target with pure force.
Kinesis; Grants innate Tremorsense, increasing Intuition by +2CS to track or notice movement on or under the ground.
Aura; Doubles as [Intensity] physical armor.
Projection/Blast; On a Yellow hit, targets burst into flame and take equal damage on the next round if they don't stop, drop, and roll. This is an Agility check VS [Intensity], and takes a full round action.
Kinesis; Able to passively increase the temperature of a room by up to [Intensity] degrees, or twice that with concentration.
Aura; Ranged attacks with mass are reduced by 1 color grade. White attacks fail outright. Also creates a bubble of clean air, which need not be at attack velocity.
Aura; Leah can't drown in her own water. But other people can! Damage done is Subdual.
Immunity; Comes with innate water breathing and fingers won't get all pruny.
11: Heart??. Psyche to resist [Intensity], however the exposure occurs. Success mellows all but the most wicked to a state of placid calm.
Immunity; Immunity to all mind altering powers below [Intensity]
12: Double Up! Roll a second Element; Damage is not doubled, but the attack can be either elemental, or both, benefitting from the special traits of each at the same time. IF one of the elements is negated however, both are. IF the same element is rolled again, increase [Intensity] by 2CS.
Aura; Instead of rolling a second element, [Intensity]x2% of Leah's body is replaced with the element in question. Attacks below the percentage will just hit a part of her that's made of energy, usually harmlessly. Leah can travel safely at [Intensity] flight speed through the element she's currently made of, and absorbs the first [Intensity] damage of any same-element attack, before damage is done.
1: Regeneration; Leah herself automatically recovers [Intensity]/10 HP each round on her own turn. If this is Amazing or higher, she regenerates quickly enough to restore lost limbs or organs.
2: Booster A; Roll 1d7 (Fighting, Agility, Strength, Endurance, Reasoning, Intuition, Psyche). When healing an ally, that stat is additionally increased by 1CS for [Intensity]/10 Rounds, or that many hours out of combat.
3: Booster B; The highest Ranked power of a healed ally is increased by +1CS for [Intensity]/10 Rounds, or hours out of combat.
4: Antibodies; Healing is cut to 1/4th, and that amount is restored every round for 10 Rounds, or every six seconds for one minute out of combat.
5: Ounce of Prevention; Can 'Overheal' an ally for up to [Intensity]/2 of their max HP, granting a buffer of temporary HP that is lost first and vanishes when they go to sleep. Any given character can only benefit from this once per day.
'Learned' powers will be placed in tables here, as can 'complete forms' that Leah chooses to memorize. A Chameleon Table can't be rolled on until it has at least 5 things on it, but there is no maximum, and any number on the table can be filled with a 'Dud' to make it usable. To add a power to the Chameleon list, Leah has to be hit by the power or otherwise exposed to it. If she's feeling really gross, she can also do it by touching a mutant's blood or any other fluids. It costs the same as a Power Stunt of her Roulette's current power rank. The exposure doesn't have to have been recent.
1. Sonic kinetic speedster (stored power configuration slot 1)
- Energy aura (kinetic) [Good]: A constant aura of [Intensity]/4 damage (2), instantly harming anyone who steps into melee range. Roll [Intensity] against any attack with mass, before the normal dodge. On a success, damage is dealt normally and the attack fails.
- Energy blast (sound) [Incredible]: A widescale blast of [Intensity]/2 damage (20), using Agility to aim. Strikes up to [Intensity]/10 (4) targets at once. On a yellow hit, targets are either deafened or muted for 5 rounds.
- Mobility (ground) [Remarkable]: Uses the ground speed chart (90-150 mph). Can be used to dodge, and grants 'speedster' status.
2. Holy water blasting angel (stored power configuration slot 2)
- Energy aura (light) [Incredible]: A constant aura of [Intensity]/4 damage, instantly harming anyone who steps into melee range.
- Merely looking at Leah is physically painful and forces an Endurance check VS [Intensity]. On a failure, the target is blinded. Attacking Leah without looking at her is done at -2CS.
- Bonus: Aura; Instead of rolling a second element, [Intensity]x2% of Leah's body is replaced with the element in question. Attacks below the percentage will just hit a part of her that's made of energy, usually harmlessly. Leah can travel safely at [Intensity] flight speed through the element she's currently made of, and absorbs the first [Intensity] damage of any same-element attack, before damage is done.
- Angel Blade [Good]: Grants Winged Flight of Typical rank, and adds Holy status to all other Powers, as well as her unarmed strikes. Gain and loss of Karma is doubled as long as this persists due to her heightened morality.
- Energy Blast. Water [Incredible]; A widescale blast of [Intensity]/2 damage, using Agility to aim. Strikes up to [Intensity]/10 targets at once. (With a minimum of two targets)
3. Empty (stored power configuration slot 3)
4. Shapeshifting (Learned from Elliot Tremayne) - Leah can shift her biology, changing anything from race, to gender and age, even turning herself into animal forms. She can alter facial features, the sound of her voice, the colour and length of her hair, her height and her build. She can only grow in size if any clothing she’s wearing will allow it. During the shift, her body becomes unstable, and lacks the strength for a clothing-bursting ‘hulk out’ type of shift.
- Charmed - Sometimes her luck rubs off on the people around her, altering their die rolls for the better (randomly selected for every tenth roll).
- Luckiness - Probably related to her more potent mutant ability, this passive ability alters her every tenth die roll for the better.
- Cash flow - When all else fails, daddy's trust fund is there to help.
- Impulsiveness - Since she relies a lot on her whims, Leah "leaps before she looks" fairly often. -1CS vs reason for her to resist this natural inclination.
- Lusty - Leah is a bit of a hedonist. Charm attacks against her are made at +1CS as long as she finds them vaguely attractive. -1CS on psyche rolls for her to resist the attempt.
- Phobia (Sharks) - She was introduced to the Jaws movies when she was just a kid, and has since then been terrified of sharks.
- Drug/Alcohol sensitivity - An adverse part of her mutation, drugs and alcohol affect Leah in unpredictable ways. Most often, their effects are simply more potent, and she can overdose on a far smaller amount of whatever substance she's ingested. +1CS to effects of any drug based poison or toxin. If the effect doesn't scale readily by Class, she rolls -2CS to resist it. This includes alcohol and various recreational drugs.
1) Pilot - Leah obtained her pilot license and received additional training while with the Grayland Strike Team, resulting in +1CS while controlling aircraft.
2) Automobile specialist - One of her more dangerous hobbies involves engaging in illegal street races with her Toyota Supra. +1CS.
3) Performer (reason) - Part of her Fine Arts degree, Leah has always enjoyed acting (both stage and video, though her preference is video).
4) Martial Arts A (fighting) - Another artifact from her time with the Grayland Strike Team, Leah was given extensive hand to hand combat training for when her power yielded less than useful results.
5) Videographer (reason) - One of the ways in which Leah actually makes money (outside of the casino, or dipping into daddy's trust fund), she has taken up freelance video production. +1 cs for video work.
6) Skateboarding/longboarding - Though she doesn't skate as much as she used to, Leah could often be found racing around the school grounds on her trusty board.
Hyperactive and easily exciteable. She loves video games and loves when her power simulate effects like video game characters'. She also has a fierce love of flight.
Leah Vanguard, first and only born daughter of Byron Vanguard, a part of the wealthy social elite inhabiting the city of Los Angeles, and a California senator. Her mother died shortly after birth, and so her father ended up compensating for this loss by treating her like a princess. The life she lived was a pampered one. She was the spoiled single child who was given whatever she wanted, and indulged in any whim that she had, simply because she could. That was, of course, up until her mutant powers emerged. When her father discovered that she was a mutant, his political advisor suggested that he distance himself from her, or else his career might be in jeopardy. He sent her away from home to go to school. She was still a part of the family, and he couldn't bear to detach himself from her completely, but in the eye of the public, they weren't related.
She wound up at a school called Grayland Academy, where she finished up high school and continued her studies. She found she fit in well there among the other mutants. She also discovered that the school fielded a student team known only as the Grayland Strike Team, a team to which she was offered membership. She jumped at the chance. The strike team offered combat training, teamworks training, but the thing that Leah was most excited about was their piloting program. She became the team pilot, and the headmaster of the school managed to use some of his resources to see to it that she received air combat training.
Eventually though, the school was shut down. This was partially due to a lack of funds, though it was mainly because of the violent anti-mutant hate crimes which targeted the school and its students. Fortunately, Leah had finished up her studies (graduating with a bachelor of fine arts degree) and went out to seek her fortune. Or at least just find something fun to do, in the meantime.
- Beretta 93R w/removable stock (20 round magazine x3) (Good damage) (3 round burst - three attacks at -2CS) (Stashed in a hidden compartment in the trunk of her Supra)
- Crossbow (10 bolts) (Excellent damage, silent, only one attack per round) (Stashed in a hidden compartment in the trunk of her Supra)
- Collapsible baton (+1CS strength) (Stashed in a hidden compartment in the trunk of her Supra)
- Stun gun (Hit with fighting, will stun anyone with less than Remarkable endurance for 2 rounds, 1 on a green, and on a white they act at -1CS for one round) (Carried in purse)
- STARS beret
- Medic alert bracelet -- Leah wears this at all times. It carries instructions regarding her drug/alcohol sensitivity.
- Psyche Buster - A bizarre device, looking more or less like a chrome cigar. Leah built it one night while in a state of super intellect, and can't usually figure out how to use it.
The Psyche Buster can only be used if she rolls Super Reasoning; It fires [Remarkable] damage energy bullets, using Agility, and accepts cartridges from practically any other kind of gun. (Carried in purse)
The higher Leah's boosted Reasoning, the more of its functions she can remember how to use, on the following list;
Excellent: Basic firing.
Remarkable: Loading cartridges.
Incredible: Rapid Fire, rolling -1CS Agility three times.
Amazing: Charging up a shot, increasing the damage and accuracy by +1CS per round of charge, to a maximum of Unearthly damage. Firing the charged shot is a full round action, and the charge can be held safely for up to three rounds or one minute once fully charged before it MUST be released.
Rapid Fire increased to 5 shots.
- Penthouse apartment
- Various gaming consoles, high end desktop computer, video games, and video game swag. Many of Leah's hobbies involve gaming in some way, even some of the more active ones such as skydiving and hang gliding -- in those cases, she might be pretending that she's undergoing an insertion into enemy territory, or something along similar lines. Even her purse has the Vault 13 logo emblazoned on it.
- High end gaming laptop with video editing suite, plus a full set of good quality video production equipment -- two cameras, a gimbal equipped steadicam, portable lighting equipment, sound equipment, etc.
- Bag of D&D dice -- for when an impromptu game just happens. (Carried in her purse)
- Smart phone, tablet, various commercially available gadgets -- she likes her toys. A lot of these stay back at her apartment, but she wouldn't be caught dead without her phone.
- Cosplay quality Jill Valentine costumes (RE1 original JV, RE1 remake JV, RE3 JV)
- Skydiving equipment
- Climbing gear
- Piper PA-28 Cherokee Warrior II plus hangar rental
- Blue modded 1998 Toyota Supra twin turbo
-= Neuron 12 =-
Neuron 12 is a nightclub that caters to a certain type of clientele. Gamers. The interior is an array of flashing lights and multiple levels, with glass floors and electronic screens everywhere. There is a section of old school arcade machines for the retro gamers, areas with modern consoles hooked up to big screens for the contemporary gamers, and then there are more exciting offerings such as virtual headsets and augmented reality games. Then of course, given that it is a nightclub, there are two bars -- one on two separate levels each -- and a pair of dance floors.