Jesus Riolobos [El Jaguar] Nov 17, 2015 20:12:56 GMT -8
Post by Ebon on Nov 17, 2015 20:12:56 GMT -8
Character Name: Jèsus Lopez Ramirez Riolobos
Player Name: Geode
Alias: El Jaguar/ The Jaguar/ Jaguar
Concept: Adamantium clawed Wild-Child from the Amazon.
Build: Muscular but swift.
Skin: Tanned brown.
Race/Species: Hispanic (Columbian)/Mutant.
Description: See Pic
Occupation: Vigilante of the ghettoes and barrios... and that curious section where they meet and intermix. Herowerks agent.
-MUTANTS: Mutants are a race of man, born with a mysterious genetic 'gift' that enables them powers and abilities that mark them as more or less then human. Mutants are generally feared and dislike by the public. Examples include: The X-Men, X-Factor, X-Force, The New Mutants, The Morlocks, etc. The salient facts of the archetype are below:
● Mutants can have a range of base abilities (The Attributes and Powers one gains at the start, pre-modification) as high as Amazing or as low as Feeble.
● Mutants gain an addition power, generally leaving them with Four powers to start, instead of 3
● Mutants lose a point of resources (Instead of Ty, they start at Pr, pre-modification).
● Mutants start with a popularity of 0, and gain at lose it at a slower rate then other characters.
● Mutant Endurance is raised by one point (+1cs)
● Mutants may be affected by mutant detection and mutant nullification devices.
● Jèsus was born into a ridiculously wealthy family. His father was a Colombian drug lord and master of dozens cocaine plantations, and his mother was a social climbing local girl, happily turned succesful trophy bride. He wanted for nothing and well new the love and support of his family. His father was a wise, tactically masterful, and logical leader (though still an unmitigated and ruthless 'bad' guy), and his empire thrived. But the druglord knew that peace between the drug families could not be expected to last, and so he trained his only son how to best survive: With actual survival, martial, and social engineering skills. By the time the boy was 11, he was well versed in Jungle and Woodscraft, and almost sported a black belt in multiple martial arts... When he turned 12, however, his wrists, gums, and finger-tips started to itch...
● It was about this time that there was a shift in the region, and rival drug lords established a foothold in the area- some of whom brought, meth and all it's perils, as a destabilization technique. Things rapidly went down hill from there for Jèsus and the Riolobos family. His mother was kidnapped, his father's workers where stalked in the jungles surrounding the plantations, and soon where either too high on meth, or too scared to show up for work. The family found itself outspent on protection money from the locals. And Jèsus grew glossy black metallic claws, and (thankfully normally pigmented) fangs as his body slowly mutated. Taking his son, the father escaped to the Northern jungles of Central America, where the jaguar play. And here the data becomes rumors and speculation.
● What is true is that his father never recovered from the mental shock of the loss of -everything- but his son (whom he dearly loved, mutation be damned, rich or poor. Familia es Familia). Until his son reached proper (early) manhood, Hector provided for their needs, working labor when he had to, or admin or even teaching when he could, but basically taking odd jobs amongst the Jungle people (civilized and otherwise) when he could. They tried to avoid the Drug Cartels, the FARC rebels, and the corrupt National Police whenever possible, but often had to pick up and move during the night. Remarkably, through all this stress, Jèsus learned how to control and cover up displays of his more expressive abilities faster, thanks to the constant fear of exposure. When he was seventeen, Jèsus came home from the fields, to find his father peacefully passed away in their shared hut. He buried his father, mourned softly for a turn, and then moved on into the jungle. Heading North.
● Jèsus left the jungle at the age of 18, now a young mutant man fully possessed of his faculties and abilities... and alone. It had been some six to seven years after the destruction of everything he'd ever known... and he didn't seem to care. He fell in with the locals and worked his way North. But he was no laborer. A predator amongst prey his only selling graces where that he was not abusive, and that he was fair and 'almost' wise... when his overwheening confidence allowed him to be. It was because of this confidence and pride that he fell afoul of many a group. Like Guatemalen crime lords, or Colombian gangsters who recalled his tale. By the time he reached the Mexican American border, he'd caused a great deal of tragedy for many a criminal enterprise that just so happened to get in his way. Northern and Southern Calfornian gangs (the Nortenos and Surenous respectfully) had a kill on sight order on him, the moment he sat foot over the border. His annoyance was bloody.
● The thing to understand is that Jèsus is not a crime-fighting hero, or even a man on a misplaced quest for vengence. He is instead a very strong mutant who runs into very stupid people who wish to kill him. Stupid people with a lot of guns and a failure to read memos...
● From California, Jèsus headed east, hoping to get some relief in New York City... Let's see how that works out, si?
● TL:DR Version. Jèsus is an ISTP on the Myers-Briggs personality test.
● Jèsus is more introverted then extroverted, and while he can be engaging on one-on-one or slightly more encounters, he generally tends to like his privacy and his thoughts and feelings to himself. A man of action, Jèsus still enjoys the long moments, or even weeks between the hurly burly chaos of combat. Jèsus keeps his own councel and rarely explains his thoughts and plans with others before acting... which may lead people to believe he is impetuous. He -hates- the lime-light, absolutely. Alone in a crowd, Jèsus is happiest in a social situation where he is there, but not engaged.
● Jèsus was raised and educated by the best teachers a Columbian drug-lord could purchase, and shaped by the realities of harsh life in the deadly jungles of the Amazon. Consequently he's thus -very- focused on real ideas, real action and the reality of any given situation. This doesn't mean he doesn't see the big picture, however. On the contrary, Jèsus sees the big picture -and- the minute cog that's necessary to wreck the whole works. Likewise, Jèsus is well learned in philosophy, and can banter about nothing like the best of them if he has to, however he prefers to deal in practical ideas and their application. When he speaks, if he speaks, he speaks bluntly and too the point.
● Jèsus thinks in impersonal logical ways,favouring a value, reality based focus that may or may not include sensetive grasps of complex situations, He also often lacks a problem in recognizing that an issue -is- sensetive. If he bothers to argue, and finds a flaw in an argument, he will bash it wide open -just like he would where this a combat situation- with quiet appreciation for the moment. Over all, Jèsus' is a very reasonable and level-headed person, in a primal manner.
● Jèsus prefers a more nuanced approach to life... sometimes. When it comes to dealing with foes, he'll simply kill them with no delay and no fanfare. Once the job is done (perferably neat and clean), he'll walk away. In that, if in nothing else, Jèsus is very deterministic, otherwise he likes to keep his options open. He is not much for concrete mechanical rules, that of the punchcard and deadline, but the organic one. Sunrise, sunset, things happening at their time, etcetera... but things do have a time, and the rules often do not care about one's opinons on things. Jèsus is not much for direct instruction, unless it truly is the best and brightest idea to obey them, otherwise he will improvise, swiftly pre-planning, or reacting as necessary. However Jèsus is not much for long-term plans. Life doesn't care about them, and neither does he, instead he takes the spontenaety of reality as it goes, with a quiet smile, and swiftly delves into new situations.
# Herowerks (aquired in game)
Acrobatics, Business/Administration, Criminology, Detective/Espionage, Heir to Fortune, Journalism/writing, Law Enforcement, Marksmanship, Martial-Arts All, Military, Survival, Thief, Weapon Mastery (Spec): Sharps.
Hyper Attribute-x2 (Rm):
Hyper Attribute-Intuition (Rm): This turns Intuition into a super attribute with the following powers and an enhanced rank of Monstrous.
Self-Sustaining (NA): Does not eat or breath (or age).
Body Transformation Self (Mn).
╚● Only Arms/Hands, +And Bones*
===╚● Adamantium (alloy) Bones (Mn): this quirk enhances a character's bone structure by +1 CS for each level taken (6). Strong bones can reduce damage inflicted by blunt attacks. Blunt attacks that are equal to or less than the material strength of the strong bones are reduced in damage by a number of column shifts equal to the number of levels in this quirk (Monstrous or 6cs).
╚● Only one Element
╚● Only Arms and Hands
╚● Only when in Adamantium Form
●Alien Customs: Central American/Hispanic, Mutant, Alt-Sex.
●Bluntness: the character with this quirk doesn't see the need to mince words, or simply isn't aware that what he's saying is rather... direct. In game play, the character must pass a Reason FEAT roll at -1 CS to prevent himself from saying the first things that pop into his head. *
●Curiosityx2: The character with this quirk is a naturally curious person and finds mysteries of any sort irresistable. In most circumstances they will find that their curiosity easily overrides their common sense. To resist temptation, the person with this flaw will have to pass a Reason FEAT roll at -2cs or succumb to the siren call of the unknown. *
●Lusty: You have an insatiable libido coupled with a regrettable inability to control your desires. Any attempt to seduce or charm you is +1cs more powerful, provided that the advances come from someone you consider vaguely attractive. And you are -1cs on Psyche rolls to resist such attempts. You may speend 100 karma points to ignore the effects of this flaw for one scene, alternatively a very cold shower can have the same effect. This is different from nymphomania in that Nymphomania doesn't care about charm effects, nor does one have to find a person attractive for lusty interactions.
●Stubbornness: this character is stubborn. He is always Right, and everybody else is Wrong. Period. Should he wish to capitulate for some reason, he must first pass a Psyche FEAT roll at -1 CS. But why bother anyway; after all, he was right in the first place... *
●Temper: this character has a light fuse. Just about anything can set him off. And once mad, he tends to stay that way. In order to resist his mean urges, this character must make a Psyche FEAT at -1 CS to be 'nice' again. He has the same penalty when trying not to lose his temper in the first place .
●Unregistered Mutant: Not every mutant who is unregistered has this flaw. This quirk is only for the mutants who have taken a visual stand against mutant registration, and thus are on a known database somewhere. With this flaw comes another -5 or -1cs to popularity for either a mutant or a mutant's secret identity (but a +2cs popularity with other anti-mutant registration forces).
╚● Enemy (2): King Pin and Associates
╚● Enemy (2): Silvermane and Associates
╚● Adapt and be ready to adapt to circumstances.
╚● Be Fearless.
╚● Be Forged in fire and tempered in knowledge.
╚● Be like Water: Formless flexible and ultimately destructive.
╚● Choose to do the things that the weak won't, so to continue to do the things the weak cannot.
╚● Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what real beasts do.
╚● Si Vis Pacum Para Bellum: If you wish for peace, then prepare for war.
╚● You came into this world blood soaked, kicking and screaming. Be not afraid to leave the same way.
Health --------> 120
Mental Health -> 95
Karma ---------> 95* Jesus does not lose Karma for killing people.
Popularity ----> 10
Resources -----> Rm
-Carried Clothes. Jaguar Luchador Mask
-Owned: Ratty apartment in the Barrio, another in the Ghetto. A room at Herowerks.
Approved by: (GM puts in Nick and Date)