Tariq McBride - Reaper Feb 27, 2016 17:03:47 GMT -8
Post by Ebon on Feb 27, 2016 17:03:47 GMT -8
Character Name: Tariq McBride
Player Name: Drew
Concept: Mutant Power Duplicator
Hair: Black (Bald)
Eyes: Sea-Dark Teal
Description: See Pic
Occupation: Mutant Hero/Vigilance Member
● Formerly a member of Vigilance, Tariq took off for three years, joining the military for a time, to fight in the Middle East. Maybe it went well... he doesn't talk about it. Three years later he returns, but to what end...?
Student: Hunter (offshot of Detective), Streetwise
● Residual Power Mimicry (Am): When a super-powered being uses his or her power -ON- an inanimate object, or exposes an -EXTREMLY NEARBY- inanimate object to a great deal of said powers residual energies, that inanimate object retains a charge of that power; an echo of the awesome forces that came in contact with it. Tariq can absorb these charges, temporarily gaining the use of those powers -some of which will stick to him theoretically permanently.
- Tariq's power is purposefully used, not automatic. He knows what he's doing (more or less) when he uses this power.
- Tariq's power has NO effect on the beings who's powers he tangentially mimic. Indeed, touching another powered being does Tariq no power-based good at all. He can shake hands (carefully) with Wolverine all day (Bub?), but would get better mileage from a t-shirt soaked in Wolverine's blood, instead.
- Tariq's use of his power does not rob anyone of theirs.
- Tariq's power requires two rolls: One is a Power-Rank test to activate the power, to see if the mimicry works. One is an Intuition test to determine the duration of the mimicked power's usability (The intuition test is augment-able by any logical skill, such as physics for energy and astronomy based powers, and the like).
- Tariq's power is usually temporary. The duration of the borrowed Powers is determined by the his Intuition; his instinctive grasp and control of the power at hand. A green Reason FEAT gives a duration equal to the Reason rank times 100 turns (roughly an hour). A yellow FEAT raises that to 1,000 turns (10 hours). Finally A red FEAT garners 10,000 turns (Basically one-hundred hours, or a little over five days). A roll of 95 red or higher makes the power addition permanent.
- Tariq's power mimics the power that is there, in its raw current state. He does not have access to any secondary, sub-power-like abilities of the power, but also he is not hindered by the limitations and hang-ups of the original power wielder. He temporarily gained Elliot's shifter abilities and had no problems with their use.
- Tariq's power may only be used on a given -POWER- once per day. It doesn't matter how many charges are around.
- Tariq's power only aquires one power from a charge when used. Using the Wolverine example, a lenient GM could say that Tariq could gain Wolvie's healing factor, or his heightened senses, OR his claws, and either make Tariq choose from the lot, or simply pick one based on which ever one is the most prominent (Wolverine's heal factor is rated Monstrous, so that goes in. His BONE claws are a distant 3rd place).
MAXIMUM POWER LIMIT: Tariq may only possess 3 -sets- of powers.
CURRENTLY PERMANENTLY RESIDUALLY ABSORBED POWERS
● Shapeshifting (Am): Elliot can shift his biology, changing anything from race, to gender and age, even turning himself into animal forms. He can alter facial features, the sound of his voice, the colour and length of his hair, his height and his build.
● Psychokinetic Flight (In): Jabari can fly at power-rank speed, and may carry up to 6 passengers with him, with ease.
● Stat Power (See stats): In lieu of a Chinese Symbol of Strength on his Left Arm, like Alice, Tariq has a thick Egyptian Was-Sceptre symbol, beneath the Eye of
Horus along his spine, giving him mutagenic strength (Mn) and Damage resistance (In) equal to Alice's.
● Illicit MGH (Mutant Growth Hormone-Drug): The affects of this weakness is two-fold. First, the MGH derived drug (but not MGH itself, that'd be stupid) has no affect on him, except for the deleterious ones, such as hangovers, weakness, shaking, psychological addiction, and the stupids. He cannot overdose on it, unfortunately. Now to the real curse: MGH-Drug resets Tariq's mutant powers on a dose-per-power ratio. He can be totally stripped of all but his core power (Mimicry) with what is effectively, for him, jumped-up tap-water that is as addictive as crystal-meth.
== Tariq 'permanently' loses a borrowed power, chosen at random by either a numbered die roll, whim, or malicious whim picking the power that is most inconvenient. Consequently, Tariq avoids MGH and known addicts like the literal plague.
Health --------> 165
Mental Health -> 115
Karma ---------> 115
Popularity ----> Gd
Resources -----> Ty
- Clothes on his back.
Approved by: (GM puts in Nick and Date)