Maxxim - Technomancer IV Sept 20, 2017 17:28:01 GMT -8
Post by Ebon on Sept 20, 2017 17:28:01 GMT -8
Character Name: Maxxim
Player Name: Drew
Age: Mentally 32. Chronologically 8
Build: Athletically-Fit/Denser then he looks...
Eyes: GLOWING red.
Race/Species: Genetically Engineered Mutant Human
Description: See Pic
Concept: Geningineered-Clone Technopath Done Good.
Occupation: Full-time Super Hero (Inventist Hobby. Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter).
● Maxxim is generally outgoing, and vacilates between being silent and being overly expressive, but is inwardly stoic, quietly gentle, and somewhat emotionally sensetive without wearing his heart on his sleeve. He is generally ultimately helpful, ultimately flexible, and realistic. He seeks to make a better world, a world both beautiful and practical. And given his druthers, no one will know what he's up to, until he's done, if then. Maxxim is more inwardly, then outwardly focused. His over-powered mind runs fast and hard but quiet, and he usually keeps his own true thougts on most matters generally close and private, no matter how on-target they may be, until tactically, vitally or comedically necessary. He could be mistaken, however, for showing a preference for high speed environments, when in fact he prefers a much slower pace for contemplation, but due to his fast computing brainpower, his 'slow-paced' is most everyone elses 'lightning-fast.' He tends to think things through (at a break-neck pace), inside his head. He is otherwise almost a loner, working with a select few. When it comes to learning, Maxxim tends to focus on reality, no matter how grim it might be. He prefers to pay attention to concrete facts and details, even when writing music and other artistic endeavours, and he prefers to learn things that have practical applications. He only really deviates from such things, when it comes time to describe things to other people. Usually, he is very specific about what he means, though he can err on the side of poeticism, to get the point across. Maxxim is strong with moral warmth, basing his decisions, for example, on his own genial personal values and how his actions affect others. He values a lighter, more harmonious world. A veiw which is open to forgiveness, or at least redemption. He isn't one seek to please, however, he's too much a realist for that. And though his inward manner is warm, he ultimately errors on the side of level-headed reason. While Maxxim would prefer to have all the issues that he deals with, settled in an equitable manner, he generally errs on leaving his options open, for the future. He is superhero, so of course he accepts that some rules are flexible -and he wouldn't have it any other way. Life, even a concrete one, is messy, and so he recognizes the value of necessary improvisation, when given no other choice. He makes plans, knowing that no plan ever survives the first 15 seconds of conflict. And he can improvise, very -very- well.
● Max was accidentally created by a secret shadowy Military project, of unknown nationality (but based in the Continental US), intended to create a small army of easy-to-command super-soldier, with some, like Maxxim's intended origins, built less robust and more for information gathering, compiling, resource creation and allocation, and mindless research and development. The overall program was unnoficially named 'Operation: Dragonsteeth' in reference to the sowing of dragon teeth by the Greek hero Jason (of Argonaut fame), to reap a harvest of soldiers. Jason's soldiers where named spartoi. Operation: Dragonsteeth simple called their soldiers (all of them) Battleclones. Bee-Cee's for short.
● To avoid undesireable anomalies, they 'made' the soldiers from selected genetic samples illegally borrowed the standard Military genetic database, created from from the typical sample that where collected during the standard Basic-training innoculation procedures (This was standard-operating-procedure for all of the undisclosed country's military branches. The unwittingly donated genetic material and data was... 'stored for safe-keeping. Honest'). To avoid problem anomolies, all samples with dormant X-genes where deleted from the program: the process of doing so was imperfect, however, in at least in one undocumented incident, the scrubbing was unsuccesful, and R&D battleclone (who was initially designated as Ser-3-Theta unit #8, and would later rename himself 'Maxxim': After the 'pragmatic maxim' of Charles Peirce and Pragmaticism fame, and not the magazine), was born.
● Maxxim's mutation activated during the forced-aging process that brought his body from viable fetus to adulthood, in his (military-grade hypertech) artificial womb, in a matter of weeks. While he underwent the growth process, he was technically supposed to be mentally de-and-then-reprogrammed to be docile but rabidly smart (and also obedient), as well as hypno-taught basic military skills. Overall, however, this act was too aggressive, with the end result being that it triggered his dorment X-gene and powers early. The results where subtle and no one had the opportunity to notice, before Maxxim hid his electronic tracks. He 'awakened', then became alert, and self-aware enough to resist said programing. His first act was to reach out with his powers and -violently- resist the insult to his free will, ultimately breaking and telemechanically reprograming the process, for himself (he checked for other X-gene positive battleclones in his top-secret military birthing-creche, and found none), and himself alone. He was physically the age of three.
● After coming to comprehend the nature of his home, and himself, with his new super-awareness, Maxxim soon realized that his life-span at this point, would end swiftly should his self-awareness and intelligence be discovered. He begain to plot his escape immediately. Secretly telemechanically seeping into the Dragontooth computer system, Maxxim learned about the outside world, but not much else other then heavy military training and strategy. The system was cut off from the outside networks entirely (more or less) for the sake of security. Nothing got in that wasn't manually installed or uploaded from software, and nothing, NOTHING, got out. Thus Maxxim learned a lot of military and science materials, but did not learn the fine art of how to make or even order a cup of espresso.
● While still in the artificial womb, he started Using his power to manipulate the world around him. Maxxim arranged a number of things over the course of the next few weeks as his body was 'fast'-sprouted to full lab-ready status. He first altered his unit classification (from laboratory R&D to anything else), recorded nutritional resource allocation (making him bigger), and fast-twitch muscle-growth enhancement procedures (to his final physiological state stronger and more agile), so that when he would be finally decanted from his artificial womb, as a full-grown 'mature' unit, he would both look like and be fully trained and capable, as an entirely different class of battleclone. He eventually selected a field research classifaction - the one classification that would enable him to be placed in field-training missions far away from base, that would also require the least amount of physical and mental scrutiny from the human scientists and security enforcer examination. The humans had a just and reasonable fear that a physilogical anomaly might enable one or more battleclones to either gain autonomy or go berzerk, or worse. Maxxim was proof that their fears where not unfounded.
● Luckily, Maxxim didn't wish to cause violence and mayhem. He just wanted his life freedom. Shortly after he was decanted and assigned to a research team, Maxxim escaped. One dark and stormy night, while out on a mission, he adjusted the unit count in the system by one, allowing him to slip away unseen from the rest of his battleclone team (they where not trained to notice such actions and thus could neither stop or report his actions), entering the wilds of New York States Pine Barrens. He had a loose idea of where he was, and where the nearest source of major human habitation was, and he had all the supplies he could carry neatly lifted from the Dragonstooth armory and supplies. Armed to the teeth, with nutrients supplies to last him for weeks, Maxxim set off into the wilderness, making a bee-line for New York City. He had no money. His knowledge of English was moderate. and he coud read... and that was all he had.
● Maxxim covered his tracks ridiculously well when he left. As one unit out of several hundred, he easily 'misplaced' in the constant shuffle of battleclones to seperate locations, and vanished by the expedient process of asking the Dragontooth computer system to nicely forget about him. He left Dragonsteeth behind, and never looked back. As for his erstwhile creators, they are still theoretically operating out there somewhere with mindless red-eyed albino battleclones at their beck and call...
● Bonus: Kephalodyne Industries Ltd.
● Built-in-Game: ● Avengers? ● HeroWerks ● Tony Stark?
● Core: None.
0 Bonus: Military ● Quantum Mechanics/Physics (2ndary: Energy-Systems) ● Repair/Tinker.
0 Core: Biology ● Bionics/Cybernetics ● Business/Finance ● Chemistry ● Computers ● Cybernetic-Medicne ● Engineering ● Genetics ● Nanotechnology ● Robotics
0 Extra/Purchased: Heir-to-Fortune ● Brawl ● Detective/Espionage ● Martial-Arts (B) ● Musician (Guitar/Singer/Songwriter)
0 Technological Polymath Mutation (Mn): Maxxim was cybernetically, genetically, and physiologically engineered and constructed to have an intelligence rating as close to genius as possible. The unexplained mutation enhanced this severely with technomechanic/psychic "Oomph." Included in this is the ability to comprehend, create, and build hypertech devices at (-1 Rank on final resource costs), the ability to attain a higher then standard Reason score, and a photographic memory with 75% accuracy. This increases but does not double his starting talents to 9, and halves the cost of future skill purches. This is one of those Powers that can be used for personal profit. The Resource Rank is increased by +2, technically.
● Cerebral Alacrity (Am): Thanks to Maxxims basically planned design, with the addition of his mutation, Maxxim's brain works not only as a massive capacity data storage devices, but can also process issues and lessons at a vastly increased pace. Basically: he learns faster. While physically moving at normal speeds, he mentally operates at Rank-times-Faster (50) then standard. This is comparable to the Taskmasters ability to aquire combat skills, but no where near as fast or immediate, with a more exhaustive range then Just Reflex/Physiological skills, with results manifesting in hours or days (on a succesfull 1/day roll, further limited to only on total rolls allowed for this power per day after reasonable exposure. These talents last anywhere from a few hours (Green result), Days (Yellow), or even Months (Red's, permanent on a 100). They can be -made- permanet at this time with the proper expenditure of experience points at a discount of half-off their price. Still, because of the nature of this power, however, he is often conversationally or socially off-key, and takes a -1cs penalty to all social rolls when interacting with strangers and even occasionally with normal aquaintences. With this power, the time it takes to actually construct devices is freakishly reduced by a rank-percentage or more.
● Miracle Mechanical Substitution (Am) When crafting or inventing machines and devices, Maxxim 'make do' with whatever happens to be available, to use as material components. By means of a Red power-roll, Maxxim can improvise a means of creating unavailable materials or components for crafting. This is one of those Powers that can be used for personal profit. The Resource Rank is increased by +2 at origin.
● Telemechanic-Comprehension (In): When dealing with unknown alien, standard, or hypertech devices, Maxxo, He can figure out, swiftly, how to operate them correctly, and then do so for a few minutes or even hours, on a succesful roll. This information is not automatically stored in his photographic memory as when he does this, he's operating on instinct rather then intellect, but it does reduce the time it takes to later learn the skill, by a step.
● Telemechanic-Empowerment (NA): Maxxim can psionically power machines based -almost- on his willpower alone. He spends Mental-Health points to power a given device, machine, vehicle or even facility for a roughly 25 hours. This includes the device and all it's standard energy components: He spends 2 MH to power 'Modern/Normal' powered technology, though less to none for inconsequential devices like can openers and electronic flashlights and lighters, clock-radios, his guitar etc. Advanced technology requires a 3 MH (your average hand-held energy weapon, for example), 4 MH for Alien or Futuristic technology (most Skrull/Shi'ar/Kree/Inhuman etc, most of his or comparable high-tech devices) -or GREATER- depending on obvious severity, strangeness and GM Say-So, possibly topping out at 10 or more for Watcher class shenanigans. Size or 'special' power requirements of the device or vehicle in question, bumps up the price by increments of +1. So while a standard suit of power armor, with all its trimmings, doesn't cost extra, a car (Modern Tech with all the trimmings including a fancy 'Fuzz-Buster) would be +1 for a final cost of 3 MH points. 4-5 for Jet or 6-7 for a Tank. Powering up a standard nuclear reactor is 20-25. Maxxim cannot drive himself into a coma using this power, it stops at MH-5, and starts converting health points at a 2/1 cost. Everythign is doubled, and he has to make a Yellow Psyche roll to start doing it, once, as mentally his well nigh-near unti a vegatative state. He can, however, kill himself using this power. The final OFFICIAL increase is up to the GM's Say-So. The range for this starts at -A- or short range, distance based on the rank of this power, which equals roughly -BLANK-. Taking this power increases starting Psyche by +2cs. He has a Good (10) resitance to energy attacks and radiation because of this.
● Telemechanic-Mastery (Am): Maxxim can comprehend and talk with the machines. This power is psionic in nature and costs him nothing to use. ...but there is a drawback. Communication occurs without Maxxim needing to actually 'access' the machine, or generally physically interact with it. Likewise, he cannot catch computer Virii or be personally 'hacked' by use of this power. It does not require the use of programming languages, or input devices, not evne a keyboard is required (but it and a USB drive may be useful). Any machine that possesses any kind of programming can be communicated with, from calculators, digital watches, microwave ovesn and even music boxes. The higher the actual rank Maxxim has for thhis power, the easier it is for him to communicate with -simpler- machines. He'll need to roll to start an attempt to communicating, and will need a Green success to communicate a machine with several microchips (a standard PC for example). A Yellow is required to communicate with single microchip devices, such as watches and talking dolls. Maxxim would need to roll a Red success to communicate with a machine that lacks microchips but are still somehow programmed like player pianos andsome older model cars. The nature and quality of the information recieve generally reflects the basic nature and quality of the machine being talked to. Well taken-care of machines tend to be smarter, same for more complex machines, generally limited to being at least one rank of temporary Reason below Maxxim's Reason rank. Maxxim takes great care of his gear and devices because of this. If necessary the GM will likely play the part of the machine that is being communicated with (unless the RP is not active/action related). Without someone else employing another power, no one else heres this communcation. It is semi-telepathic in nature. NOTE: Communication does not imply an ability to -command- or control the temporarily animated device. Nor does it work on Artificial Intelligences. Maxxim can attempt to persuade or intimidate devices (threatening to de-power them never works). The power lasts for as long as Maxxim is within range and actively using it, though it costs him an action to maintain the link throughough while doing other things... like combat.
-● Drawback: When using this power, Maxxim technically is transferring a bit of his essence (a mote or three of his Reason and Psyche, this does not give the machine similar powers), to the machine, allowing it to respond to him. Unfortunately, sharing his mind with different machines on a regular basis ("Good morning, Mr. Toaster, Ms Coffee-Pot!") leads a mind to quirky and atypical behaviour in general, often leading to Maxxim to identify too closely for the effective machines.
-MANDATORY ETHANOL CONSUMPTION-
:: The secret military program that built Maxxim as well as other the gengineered battleclones wanted to keep several leashes on their units, to avoid having any escape and remain viable for long. This was provided by several biologically engineered flaws that would cripple or kill any unit that strayed to far from their specialized supply-lines for long. One such weaknesses was Ethanol consumption requirement, but this was not just a tacked on flaw. The carbon in Ethonal performed double duty -the gengineered bodies beiable to process it for use as a fuel the processing of H20 into a safely digested substance (see below), and as a catalyst for turning the excess hydrogen into metabolizeable energy for powering the clones extraordinary abilities. Maxiim's accidentally developed mutant abilities gave him ways to slip the the supply-chain and ultimately escape, but he has yet to find away to overcome his innate need for the stuff.
● STIMULI - Energy Depletion: The hero has a finite energy supply that permits him to manifest Power. This energy must be periodically renewed by means of rest, food, Energy Absorption, Energy Vampirism, or simply making contact with a source of that energy. If the hero's energy level drops too low, dire Effects result.
● EFFECTS - Fatal - He needs it like people need water. Maxxim thus needs to imbibe roughly 3 liters of booze a day. Or else.
● DURATION - Limited Duration After Contact: The Effect is continuous with Contact and also lasts for a limited time after the hero is no longer exposed to the Stimulus. Duration is 1 -100 turns after the hero's contact, with the Stimulus is broken. He has to keep drinking.
>>MECHANICS>> Unlike a normal human being, Maxxim must consume upwards of 8 cups to 3-liters of as reasonably undiluted ethynol (booze), per day. This leads to several complications, as such as the fact that most readily available alcohol tends to come in impure or mixed or 'blended forms.' One mixed perk from all of this. Ethanol alcohol (booze) doesn't get him drunk. If he does seem tipsy or inebriated, it's because he's either faking it (for social necessity), poisoned (because someone spiked his drink with something -else-), or he forgot to make his drink sans ice and he really is blotto because of the melt he overlooked. Ethanol still retains it usual drawbacks, such as scent from breath and pores, so while Maxxim may start the day off fresh as a daisy after a ##ml Tequila Sunrise, he'll have to take care not to give off the other growing outward appearances (and thus the stigma) of being under the influence.
:: Another weakness artificially added to all the clones biology was an allergy to wavelengths of Solar-UV light stronger then that extreemely bright full-moon light. This was hotly debated beforehand. It was pointed out that this might cripple units in the field, and also otherwise limit their overall usability, but it was ultimately shown how specialize equipment and limits on what kind of missions might be acceptable where a better sacrifices then getting caught for their illegal research, experimentation and sundrious other crimes. The final reuslts had the additional flaw of turning each unit into an artificial, fiery-eyed albino, but this was written off as a perk in einabling the units to be easier to recognize should they 'inadvertantly get lost' and wander into civilian territory, during missions. SOLAR (and no other) UV light has special properties that, cause damage to the cellular make-up of the clones. When applied to the skin of a battleclone it causes severe and eventually lethal burning and scaring, eventually killing the clone, and then burning the body to entirely to carbon-ash if allowed. Artificial UV light was found to be much less harmful and otherwise 'unaffective', albeit still nonlethally, distressing and painful.
● STIMULI - Energy Allergy: The hero suffers when he is exposed to a specific form of energy. This can be any wavelength or Intensity of energy found in the Energy Emission and Energy Control sections of this book. Sunlight is a common example of Energy Allergy
● EFFECTS - Fatal: As in the above, the hero gets ill after the initial exposure to the Stimulus. However, the Health loss does not stop at zero. Death will eventually occur if Health and (subsequently) Endurance drop to zero during the Weakness Duration.
● DURATION - Continuous with Contact: As long as the hero remains within the effective range of the Stimulus, the Effect continues. Luckily, it stops when he ducks under cover.
>>MECHANICS>> Maxxim takes 1 health per minute for as long as 1/5th of him or more (1/7th if head is exposed) to direct sunlight. Arguably it may also be called-spot related. The same goes for other battleclones, which means 1-2 hours is generally enough to reduce one to death and ashes. The most vulnerable part of a battleclones anatomy is their eyes, where this power is concerned, and usually the only protection for this is specialized contacts -AND- wrap around sunglasses that block all and any access of direct sunlight to them (not even sunglasses or mirror shades are good enough to prevent battleclone sunblindness). Maxxim had his eyes replaced by cybernetic enhancements, but was forced by asthetics and pride to keep the look otherwise the same.
● ABSENT-MINDED: the character with this quirk is, as described, absentminded. He has a tendency to forget names, schedules, appointments, etc..., at the most inopportune times. If necessary, the absent-minded character must make Reason FEATs to remember things at -1 CS.
-- Maxxim is always crunching numbers and processing tech creation and complex mathmatics in his noggin. This leads to him being somewhat oblivious to the real-life around him. He doesn't need to roll to remember how to look both-ways before crossing the street... not that this matters in down-town Manhattan either way.
● ALIEN APPEARANCE/OBVIOUS MUTATION: Characters with this flaw, have one or more non-beneficial (though not necessarily detrimental) cosmetic aspects that differentiate them from baseline humanity. This flaw cannot stack, no matter how outlandish a character becomes, in appearance.
-- Maxxim is not a true albino, but the effects are more or less the same, if not exagerated in the form of his built in allergies, flaws and weaknesses. He's a shiny-white Black man and he sticks out like a sore thumb even at night or in dark caves. Between that and his glowing red eyes, he generally tends not to blend without help. He could build a holo-thingy to hide his appearance... but generally he does without as it feels like a betrayal of self to do so.
● ALIEN CUSTOMS: this doesn't necessarily represent alien mores and such, it simply states that the character has a different culture than that which is active where he has decided to make his home. This is only a negative quirk because it makes interacting with others... difficult. For each level the character takes in this quirk, his culture is that much less compatible with his chosen home. The character will have an effective -2 CS to his Popularity, concerning anyone that finds his culture contemptuous. Again, this doesn't effect everyone...
-- Maxxim was basically born, raised/trained and unleashed from a strict military facility with no contact with the outside world. There's a lot of that that stuck with him, even though he now is free of all that, and has been safely enmeshed in the 'real' world of Manhattan for over seven years. Periodically he slips into a militaristic mind-set, or worse, resists all things military entirely.
● BLUNTNESS: the character with this quirk doesn't see the need to mince words, or simply isn't aware that what he's saying is rather... direct. In game play, the character must pass a Reason FEAT roll at -1 CS to prevent himself from saying the first things that pop into his head. *
-- This one almost doesn't need explanation. Even after seven years off the facility, Maxxim never learned whow to properly speak to people. While he's seen, read, stored the data, on proper speach and decorm and theoretically knows how to be... 'unblunt', he has a hard time justifying on why he should bother, other then that it helps to smoothe some interaction over. He tends to try to cover this with his quirky sense of humor, but that might actually make things worse at times.
● CURIOSITY: The character with this quirk is a naturally curious person and finds mysteries of any sort irresistable. In most circumstances they will find that their curiosity easily overrides their common sense. To resist temptation, the person with this flaw will have to pass a Reason FEAT roll at -1cs or succumb to the siren call of the unknown.
-- "What's this gene do?"
● TECHNICAL MUTANT: Like Spiderman, the character with this flaw registers on mutant detection devices, such as those used by the now infamous Sentinel robots. As is the case, he technically must register as a mutant, and takes all appropriate popularity penalties. The character does not, however, gain the bonus power or attribute ranks. Their biologically based powers are considered genetic in nature, and may pass on to their children in some way or manner.
-- This one is more of a book-keeping flaw. Maxxim bare-bones character and sheet was made as if his origin was 'high-tech', and not 'mutant'. In game terms this means that this flaw gives him all of the flaws of being a mutant (reduced starting resources and popularity, for example), but none of the benefits (an extra bump to his Endurance, and an extra power). In game terms it means very few people outside of the local police and and undoubtedly the Avengers (unless we're undoing all the current RP), have even heard of Herowerks, and the police are unsure how the feel about it.
● WATER ALLERGY: Maxxim consumes Ethanol for hydration and nutrients. Consequently, he can't do the same with tap-water, without running the risk of actually becoming drunk off of it. Normal H20 makes him drunk. Booze doesn't.
-- It does what it says on the tin. Without the extra hydrogen and carbon molecules present in ethanol, Maxxim can't process 'water' well. It in fact does him a minor amount of damage to his liver and makes him drunk, for all intents and purposes. The allergy, as a flaw, won't kill him, though he is still quite capable of drinking himself into a blackout or even death because of it. But this tends to make him seriously unreliable at times. Only straight water does this to him. Solutions in water may make him mildly giddy but won't make him inebriated or cloud his judgement, much. Saline solution, for example, makes him giddy, but he's generally safe enough with havine a saline solution IV in hospitals for a long while, at least until someone takes the time to actually read his medical bracelet or (falsified) medical paper-trail.
Health --------> 100
Mental Health -> 155
Karma ---------> 155
Popularity ----> Typical (started at 0). (Att/Am). (Int/Ex)
Resources -----> In
● Concealed Chemistry set, effectively scattered about his person. Spill-proof for his protection.
● Concealed flask of Brita-Filtered Everclear: It's medicinal.
● Concealed set of minature computer/electronic/engineer tools in his jacket. This will set off metal alarms unless he pre-emptively turns them off. Something he often absentmindedly forgets to do.
● Emergency anti-UV-blocker energy0field: He rarely uses this, preferring to go out in well ventilated, 'secretly' air-conditioned clothing and hoods, when he has to go out by day at all. This is because it makes him glow aand stick out like a sore thumb. It's +1cs to hit Maxxim with anything when he busts this wrist-mountable device on. It's been miniaturized and secreted into the housing of his chunky but fashionable wrist-watch.
● Jet-boot footwear: Half as effective as hiscostume boots. TY flight capability, sort of.
● Medical bracelet that mentions his allergy to water and not to give him saline solution IV. It's slim, but it's there, and readable if someone where to actually take a hold of it and turn it over to read. Not that Maxxim usually would allow all that if he was concious.
● Standard UV-protection (Heavy Sunblock. SPF over 9000): Maxxim never leaves home without it on, and generally can be assumed to be wearing it all times that he's not immersed in water or similar. It makes his skin look... subtlety but noticeably shiny (and silky smooth). Smells faintly of cinnamon.
● Super 'Swiss'-Army Knife, Engineers edition. Works as a short-bladed machete and sonic screwdriver, and does Good damage.
● Super-Watch (communicator, and three extra sunblock ointment whipe applicator. The watch carries the navigational controls for his jet-boots, and must be used for smooth aerial maneuvers. Otherwise his flight is akward... (See the flight pattern of a drunken bumble be or the Greatest American Hero. Without he islacks any particular skill at landing, so he frequently crashes in an undignified (if undamaged) heap without at least a good YELLOW agility roll. He'll fix this later, as soon as he rembers to).
-Costume (Technomancer IV Armored System)
Technomancer IV -Suit: The costume gives him the following:
-Body Armor: Ex protection vs. Physical and Shooting, Gd protection vs. Energy & Radiation, Rm vs Fire-Heat-Cold & Acid.
-Blending: Remarkable Blending abilities - Specially built for low-weight and high flexibility, plus anti-noise/white-noise generators adds a total +2CS on Stealth rolls.
-Taser-Attachments: Delivers a Ex electrical shock to anyone who comes into contact with it, when taser mode is activated. Punching & Kicking with this on is fun for all involved adding a chance of a stun effect, but no extra damage
● Cowl: The cowl is more than just a mask. It includes crucial hookups to the rest of the the Technomancer IV armored system. It porvides him with the following:
-Environmental Protection/Air Filtration-Supply System: COmparable to the Self-sustaining (no-need for outside air) as long as any oxygen/air that is filtratable is availble. 2.5 hours avg in space.
-Protection: Ex protection vs. Blunt attack
-Starlite Nightvision: Rm Ultra-vision
-Throat Mike/Radio: 10 mile range, uses to keep in touch with Base, Team, various other teams (Vigilance for sure) & Police. (scrambled and private channel, In Intensity)
-Audio Processor with Voice-Command Equipment
-Field-of-View Display Projector
-Inertial GPS System
-Countermeasures: If someone other than Technomancer or teammate tries to unmask him, they will be met with gas jets that unleash an Ex intensity Knock-Out Gas
-Booster Jets: Gd airspeed. Hyper-Jump In
-O-The Suit and Cowl together add +2cs to Intimidation factor, making it a total of Amazing, should he choose to use it... but there may be consequences...-O-
(F)UTILITY BELT: 10 Pouches that carries small items, fail safe in the belt will cause it to explode (Rm damage) and be completely destroyed should the buckle or pouches be opened incorrectly. The Utility Belt contains a wide array of devices such as:
-Universal Tool: Used to aid in electronics work. Tip contains various Phillips and Flathead screwdrivers, wrenches, lock-picking device, drill bits and other implements. Inside the base are full lineman's kit, multi-line analyzers, cell phone analyzers and other electrical analysis gear. Can record and play back audio and video signals. The Universal Tool can be safely used as a hammer.
-Mini-Computer: 3 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches in size, operates as a standard personal computer in game terms. Equipped with fax modem, GPS system and mini-disk rewritable drive.
-Grapnel: In material, fires up to 7 areas, used for transportation, Up to 3 areas
-Fingerlight: Ty illumination, can project white, red or infrared light
-Magnesium Flare: Rm Illumination
-Laser Torch: In intense laser that cuts through In material
-Lock-Picks: +1CS to open locks on an Agility FEAT.
-Power-Cuffs: Rm material, Ty entrapment, Negates Most super-powers, capable of escaping the cuffs and NO OTHER powers are altered.
-Crime Scene Investigation Kit: Contains sample bags, blood-drying bags, fingerprinting kit, odor-analyzing chromatograph, independent detachable video camera. Linked directly to Cowl or Mask of the uniform, HeroWerks computers.
-Taser: Delivers Am Electrical
-Incidentals: Keys, money, lock-picks, first aid kit, mini-cellphone, antitoxin assortment, signal flares, wireless listening devices, small halogen flashlight.
(Note): The rest of this stuff is carry on luggage that is hidden elsewhere in streamlined pouches on his armor. They are not in his belt.
CAPSULES: Technomancer has the following types of capsules:
-Knockout Gas: Rm intensity, 1 area radius. Those in the affected area must make End. FEAT or pass out for 2 hours and lose their memory of the 5 minutes preceding exposure.
-Regurgitive: Ex intensity, 1 area radius. Those in the affected area must make End. FEAT or become violently ill for 10 rounds.
-Smoke: Ex intensity, 1 area radius. All in the affected area at -2CS to performing actions.
-Tear Gas: Ex intensity, 1 area radius. Must make Endurance FEAT or be unable to perform any action until 1 round after leaving the affected area or 15 minutes (10 minutes if outdoors or in a windy area), whichever comes first.
EXPLOSIVES: Technomancer has the following types of explosives:
-Pellet Grenades: Rm Edge, 12 ft. radius, can be strung together with bungee-prima cord. Can be attached to surfaces with an internal contact cement reservoir or thrown for a 5-second delay.
-Concussion Grenades: Rm Edge, 12 ft. radius, Can be set for explosive or flash-bang detonation and for a delay of 3 seconds to 40 minutes. Can also be set off by radio remote.
-Bungee-Prima Cord: Gd Edge, 6 ft. radius, Rope-like explosive normally used to link larger charges. Must be set off by a separate charge.
ARESOL SPRAYS: Technomancer has a wide variety of aerosol sprays:
-Rapid Room-Filling Fogger: Fills an entire area with Rm Fog for 10 rounds. Single-use only.
-Infrared Paint Marker: Virtually invisible unless looked at through infrared optics.
-Foaming Explosive: In Edge, detonates when charged electrically
-Electronic Device Freezer: Disables electronics for 10 min.
-Quick-Acting Knockout: Renders targets unconscious for 3 hours and without memory of the 5 minutes preceding exposure unless In Endurance FEAT is made
TRACKING DEVICES: To track down criminals, Technomancer has employed several tracers to find them. He has used the following types:
-Burr: Just over an inch wide, attached by foil spring snags on each of its four corners. One-month battery life, 1,500-ft. range
-Throwing: Less than an inch in diameter, 3-mile range.
-Owned: HeroWerks Facility, Kephalodyne Industries facility
-Cybernetics: Thes where mostly built in using Dragonstooth resources, way back while Maxxim was in the artificial womb. He has the means and training to make and attach cybernetic augmentations to himself, BY himself, but tends to shy away from such augmentations as unnecessary and unwanted.
● ENDOSKELETON: Using great care, Maxxim has toughened his muscles and skin, providing himself with the equivilent of a base Body-Resistence score of 15. These are bio-genetic augmentations
● ENHANCED MUSCULATURE: Extra Agility, Strength, and Endurance, purchased as normal: These are composed of high-test ultra-dense biofiber and are 85% organic in nature. These are bio-genetic augmentations. Some day he hopes he can replace these with shiny chromed bits, but he has been forced to recognize the social and fashion drawbacks of this... numerous times.
● ENHANCED SKELETON: Maxxim does not have an adamantium skeleton, however, to support his planned cybernetic enhancements, he has implant melded and infused a bio-steel-alloy mesh into his skeletal structure. While this is NOT bio-genetic in nature, is has a low magnetic reaction factor, and thus is safer for him to wear around tempermental non-storm-hardened electronic devices (or uber magnets, but not really Magneto), while being not as strong as the standard bio-steel. Maxiim is resistant to up to the first 30 damage of bludgeoning, 'slamfest', and fall damage.
● HEALING BIO-NANITES: This is sort of like a low rent healing factor. Maxxim heals at a lowly 1 HP/turn (with which he can't regenerate lost limbs and such, and also does not apply to damage from his weaknesses), never risks bleeding-out except with massive damage, his protein, carbohydrate, vitamin and mineral requirements are doubled, and his Stamina counts as +4cs when it comes time to regain Health after a 24 hour period (at which point, he can roll that enhanced Stamina score, to see if he can regenerate -A- (one) non-vital body part). Maxxim never scars.
● UV-FILTER CYBER-EYES: His origional ones took solar UV damage so he replaced them with... relatively unimpressive but flashy cybernetic enhancements, armed only with some extra resiliance, and IR/UV vision for the sake of irony and giving the Sun and his creators a technological finger. The actual eye-bits are non- bio-genetic in nature but houseable and socketable, while the sockets themselves are: allowing him to tinker with, improve, and replace eyes in the future. Naturally his new eyes do not suffer the damaging affects of UV damage.
-Vehicles (vroom vroom)
0 The Harrier (Shown below)
--The Harrier was designed and built in game. It's like a Quinjet only sexier. Better armored, faster, and armed to the teeth as well. Otherwise it's basically the same... just different. It was designed initially as a carrier and hostile-extraction vehicle: for when the going gets tough, the tough should bug-out, and leave some well targeted missiles streaking aftwards in response.
NOTES: Sorry it took me so long. The rest of Maxxim's story, of how he survived the wilds of New York and Manhattan in his early, stumbler years, the creation and marketing of his first few best-seller invetions, and how he founded Kephalodyn Industriest (Ltd), and sundry other things will be posted at a later date. Herowerks itself was created IC, after a lengthy conversation with a number of other player PC's, at a Chuck E. Cheese pizza parlor. No. Really.